Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday Mornings.



Most Sunday mornings I made a big cup of coffee, grabbed the paper and listened to Tim Russert on "Meet the Press". Sunday mornings just won't be the same, he was an incredibly smart journalist.

I am a debater by personality. I love nothing more than to sit with friends or family (however that can get dangerous!) and talk about current events, politics even the latest plot line on Lost. I think Tim Russert was one of the best and he will certainly be missed.

This morning they had a very fitting farewell to him on Meet the Press. If you missed it check it out here

Today is Father's Day and I feel terribly sorry for Tim Russerts family. He leaves behind a dad and son.

Father's Day is always a sad day for me because I lost my dad over 10 years ago. I was a Daddy's Girl and I miss him. He had me late in life and I was the last chance for a son in a second marriage. He never missed a single thing I did, from watching my school plays to my tennis meets. It is a hard thing, losing a parent. You always feel a tiny bit sad even when something good happens because it makes you remember there is one person "missing" in the sharing.

Happy Father's Day

No comments: