Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My son made the nightly news. And NOT in the way a mother wants their son too!
Teen Swept Into Water

I mean OMG!!! I get a call at work saying, "Mom, Dylan fell into the water on the way home from school today." I talk to him on the phone for a few minutes and he says he is fine but his backpack, all his books, notebooks, $90 scientific calcuator are toast. So, I naturally RAG ON HIM for the damage.

Then I get home and talk to the neighbor who ran for blocks trying to help pull him from the water and then I have a follow up call from the EMT that was on the scene. Then, my dear son causally mentions that the police also responded. He was carried for a block down the fast moving cement water way and then went about 1/2 block through a tunnel under the street and shot out in the creek near our house.

I no longer care about replacing the school supplies and tennis shoe that he lost!

Makes you thankful!!!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

OMG! I'm so glad he's okay. That is some scary stuff....